David Wells Bio
David has shared the same platform with some of the top artist's in the industry: Warren Hill, Najee, Matt Marshak, Jeff Kawshiwa, Nick Colione, Ken Navarro, Tim Bowman, Michael Lington, Brian Simpson, Blake Aaron, Nils, Greg Adams, Marion Meadows, Jackien Joyner, etc...
David Wells, a gifted Flugelhorn / Trumpet player from a small town in West Virginia has been living his dream as a full time musician for 10 years. Since the age of nine, David began learning the Flugelhorn and Trumpet with his professional debut at the age of thirteen. Heavily influenced by Kenny G, Dave Koz and Rick Braun. David evolved into an instrumentalist soloist with the capability of reaching his audiences on an intimate level.
- David started playing the trumpet at the age of 9 years old
- At the age of 13 David was on his first album
- November 2012 released NEW single "Never Giving Up," was the #1 Most Added & #1 Most SpinCrease
- December 19th 2012 "Never Giving Up" HIT #19 on the Jazz Billboard charts
- January 2013 David Wells (David Wells & Chris Geith Project) released his 13th CD "No Side Effects"
- David is the CEO / Founder of Chocolate Jazz Foundation Inc. (501C3)
- David has a two hour national syndicated radio show called "Chocolate Jazz Radio Network"
- David started a 24/7 Smooth Jazz Internet Station called "Chocolate Jazz Radio.Com
- David is currently endorsed by Conn/Selmer, the largest manufacturing company for band instruments
"If you are looking for an inexpensive, motivational assembly, you want to consider David Wells. As you can see from his advertisement, he is a musician with an amazing story. He presented an assembly at Bentworth high school and it was very well received by students and staff. He arrived early and spent some time with our Jazz Band students and incorporated several students and our Band Director into his performance. They were great!!! If you enjoy Contemporary/Smooth Jazz music, you will love this performance. Even if you don’t listen to this type of music, you will still enjoy the assembly. The fact that he is originally from West Virginia doesn’t hurt either!!!
Superintendent Bentworth Local Schools
“David worked with our students in several venues. He was backed by a select rhythm section of students and faculty when performing for our chapel services, and he led a clinic on his approaches to improvisation to a student group that included ages from junior high through college. He also fielded questions in a discussion of the music industry, promotion and self-management. In all, he was engaging and easily communicated his musical experiences and skills to the audience. He is very easy to work with, both musically and educationally and the students received excellent insight into aspects of the music industry.”